Consumers in the EU
Withdrawal from an agreement
- A Consumer from the European Union has the right to withdraw from the Product sale agreement or Service agreement, without giving any reason. To the extent permitted by the applicable law any applicability of Polish and European consumer laws shall be excluded towards persons from outside the EU.
- The period for withdrawal from the Product sale agreement shall expire 14 days after the date when the Consumer took possession of the Product or when a third party other than a carrier and designated by the Consumer entered into the possession of the Product.
- The period for withdrawal from the Service agreement shall expire 14 days after conclusion of this agreement.
- In order to exercise the right to withdraw from the Product sale agreement, the Consumer must inform the Company of his or her decision to withdraw from the agreement, by a clear statement – by sending a letter to the address of Sinterit or by sending an email to [email protected].
- In order to exercise the right of withdrawal from Service agreement, the Consumer must inform the Company or the Partner who is to execute the Service of his or her decision to withdraw from the agreement, by a clear statement – by sending a letter to the address of the seat of Sinterit or the Partner or by sending an e-mail to: [email protected] or Partner`s email address.
- The Consumer may use a template of the withdrawal model form posted by the Company on the Website, however this is not mandatory.
- To maintain the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient that information concerning exercise of the right of withdrawal is sent before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
- Subject to clauses 9, 14 and 15 below, in the event of withdrawal, the Company will reimburse to the Consumer all payments received from him or her, including delivery costs of the Product (except for the additional costs resulting from the choice by the Consumer of shipping method that is not the cheapest one among from the options offered by the Company). Reimbursement shall be done immediately, but in any event no later than 14 days from the date when the Company was informed of the Consumer’s decision to exercise the right of withdrawal.
- The Company may refrain from reimbursing payments received from the Consumer until Sinterit receives the Products back or the Consumer provides proof of their return to the Company, whichever occurs first.
- The Company will use the same payment method as used by the Consumer in the original transaction unless it is impossible or the Consumer has explicitly agreed otherwise; in any case, the Consumer will not incur any charges in connection with this reimbursement.
- The Consumer is obliged to deliver the Products to the Company immediately but no later than within 14 days of the date on which he/she has withdrew from the Product sale agreement, unless the Company has offered to receive the Products itself. To keep the deadline, the Consumer only need to send the Products before the deadline expires.
- If the Consumer has received the Product on a pallet and/or in a flight case, he/she should return the Product in the same way, i.e. on the pallet and/or in the flight case.
- The Consumer bears direct costs of returning the Products to the Company, at: 20G Rzemieślnicza Street, 30-363 Cracow.
- The Consumer is responsible for reduced value of the Product resulting from its use beyond the scope necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and performance of the Product.
- Should a Consumer claim to have the Service commenced before the expiration of the withdrawal deadline, the Consumer shall bear the costs associated with it, for the period before the withdrawal.
Consumer outside the EU and non consumers
In accordance with the terms & conditions.